Much better to do it that way than on the list, IMHO.  Then the list can get back to code :)

It's possible that the ratio of idiots at a code4lib function is comparable to the ratio of idiots anywhere else (e.g., an ALA conference or SAA function or, heck, your basic office party).  In that case, I submit that no special method of attack or treatment is required -- just the same approach used when one encounter jerks in any other area of one's life.

Michele
From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Jonathan Rochkind [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Question abt the code4libwomen idea

...Is this a good idea, or just a disaster trainwreck lying in wait? If
it's a good idea, we could easily set up a wiki page where people can
easily anonymously describe incidents (again, what I'm going for is NOT
calling specific people out, but just giving us an idea of what it is
that has happened that we're trying to stop from happening, you know?)...