From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Walter Lewis
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Stats and public wireless devices

I know this is more of a hardware question than a code question but I suspect that a few of the folks that have other systems roles might be able to steer me in the right direction.

We're looking to replace the public wifi in the library, by itself nothing remarkable.

The key requirement after reliable connectivity, is the ability to produce some level of statistics relative to "usage".  (I know: lies, damned lies and usage statistics).  We don't run a proxy or any other system that the public need a login to use.  I expect a fair number of connections that would just be staff walking in with a smart phone or other device.

After the laughter subsides, any thoughts as to a suitable device?

Walter