You might have seen this come through here overnight:

  http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4888/

That's us, we're hiring at GW Libraries.  You may wonder:  what makes this position different from others like it?  Wonder no longer...

Five reasons to work at GW Libraries as a software developer

1. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) with an annual opportunity for merit increases, and a benefits package including a tuition discount for employees and their family members.  We encourage use of the tuition discount and offer scheduling flexibility. I'm finishing my second full class now and am registered for a third class next term.

2. Foggy Bottom in DC offers all the perks of a bustling downtown location - great restaurants, cultural venues, landmarks, and an international vibe.  I run into the Obamas all the time.  Well, I bike past their house regularly... and sometimes am delayed by motorcades.  Still.

3. Formal approval from university administration to release software with a free software license.  Almost everything we do is on  github:

  https://github.com/gwu-libraries

4. This position is a member of our Library Council (an HR designation akin to a tenure-like system).  As such you would be eligible for additional benefits such as a paid sabbatical.

5. We need you and are ready for you.  Our team is growing, taking on more work, and still establishing best practices, so it's a great time to join us as an experienced developer.

Thanks for reading.  Please consider applying!

  https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/12663
  (go here to apply)

  -Dan

p.s. we have several other jobs open now; seven total, to be precise:

  http://library.gwu.edu/about/organization/jobs/librarian