On 12/6/12 2:14 PM, Jessica Wood wrote:

> Side note (also selfish): I hope that at least parts of this idea will be
> available to people not attending the conference. I'd love to go to a
> future conference, but I'm not making it to this one.

Jessica, I think that the term is "enlightened self interest" :-).

One thing I'm interested in is "train the trainer" capabilities. I have
a course that I give that I would like to make available as modules that
anyone can use. Mine happens to be on linked data, but there are a
number of (infinite number of?) other topics. I've been pressured to
turn my course into an online class but I think there is great value in
f2f teaching, as well as having learners work in groups rather than
remotely/individually. It would be great to have a set of courses that
any knowledgeable person could take up and teach to local folks, or as
pre-conference tutorials. As soon as I have enough content about my
course online, I'll be asking folks for comments, and see if we can set
up a train-the-trainer session. It's probably too late for this upcoming
c4l, but I will be looking for other opportunities.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net