Hi all,

I wouldn't want to crowd out women who are looking for this sort of
mentoring, but I (and other men) might be interested in being a mentee[1].
The flip side of MJ's logic (which I agree with) is that no men in the
pool of mentees means fewer opportunities for women to be mentors.

Just my two cents.
Joe Montibello, MLIS
Library Systems Manager
Dartmouth College Library
603.646.9394

[1] dumb aside on the word mentee - from Wikipedia, "The person in receipt
of mentorship may be referred to as a protégé (male), a protégée (female),
an apprentice or, in recent years, a mentee." Protégé(é) appeals to me
more than mentee, but maybe that's because my brain jumps from mentee to
mentees to Mentos. I don't want to volunteer to be dropped into a bottle
of soda! Also, I don't have enough linguistics/language history to know if
protégée is a female derivative of the male form, which would probably be
undesirable.