Good afternoon,

Myself, Becky Yoose, and feelers out to a couple other people, are currently in the very early stages of thinking we should do something (tm) that is outside of Code4Lib.  The idea is a "group" (for a lack of a better word) that is independent / inclusive that won't be segregated from the rest of library land.  This should be encompassing for anyone who identifies themselves as female, and works in technology and in libraries.

We're thinking:
*Activism
*Visibility
*Mentorships
*Inclusive
*Independent of any existing organization, but should work with those organizations (ALA, LITA, ASIST, EDUCause, etc)

(And that's what we came up with this morning.)

If you're interested, please feel free to join us on #libtechwomen on IRC or email me privately or find me on twitter as @pnkrcklibrarian.

Best,
Lisa

--