+1 -- would definitely like to read more about this process. We're doing something similar to pull data from multiple databases into Solr, but with a custom-built frontend (IE no Blacklight). This would be a very useful case study.

-David

__________

David Dwiggins
Systems Librarian/Archivist, Historic New England
141 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 994-5948
http://www.historicnewengland.org
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:50:38AM -0500, Levy, Michael wrote:
> For our commercial ILS, of course SolrMarc was the thing. I started with
> the default Blacklight configuration and customized that. The MARC export
> is completely updated nightly.
>
> The collections management system provided a Java API, and programmers here
> (not me) created a Solr XML file, created nightly and updated into Solr.
You're doing this wrong if this is not an article on code4lib journal.

I'd read it! :-)

./fxk

--
There are people so addicted to exaggeration
that they can't tell the truth without lying.