From: Wilhelmina Randtke
Sent: 12/18/2012 2:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] code4lib.org domain

Pay for it shouldn't be an issue.  It's like $10 a year to register the
domain, right?  So, don't make a big deal out of OSU paying for it.  The
fee is negligible.

The key concern is how committed to OSU is Ryan Ordway, and what's the
climate there like.  I see this as transferring to the people who are
currently technical contacts at OSU, not to a faceless organization.  If
they already hold several other URLs, and have a policy and timeframe for
tracking and renewing these then that's a plus.

Also, I asked before, and I'm going to ask again, will the domain stop
working (so stop pointing at nameservers) during the redemption period?  If
so, then a worst case scenario is not too bad, because there will be some
warning and a late fee assuming the registered owner can be contacted,
rather than just loosing the domain if the bill isn't paid.

-Wilhelmina Randtke