Hi Karen,

Thanks for mentioning this.  It does!  We'll follow that up so we can
encourage better data management and offer maybe two tools for people to
consider using!

The PARADISEC <http://www.paradisec.org.au/> folk here in Australia are
using the tool ongoing and out the field where the internet is a scarce
resource (or non existent) and where they generate terabytes worth of
content (images, A/V and sound files) that require back up to hard drive
and personal delivery to the repository for upload (or Australia Post).  We
had botanists and archaeologists in the initial requirements gathering
round too.  After a while we could see all kinds of applications, the folks
going into the desert or bush to collect sensor data, urban
anthropologists, fine artists... really anyone plugging a peripheral device
into their laptop to upload content to process.  I imagined archivists
copying content from hard drives but I hadn't gone further to think about
data captured off analogue or digital degrading portable media) as a use
case for rescue (Zone 1).  Nice one!

So I'm pretty sure there must be others that can set the tool up to their
advantage.  One of the features we tried hard to provide support (and
flexibility) for was to allow schema creation and reuse (for data sharing
in a team) so any researcher in any discipline could set up their own
schema and define their own data values.  Does mean an investment in set
up, but pays off (hopefully) in that the processing is quicker.

Cheers, Ingrid