On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Joshua Welker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Reading the Glacier FAQ on Amazon's site, it looks like they provide an
> archive inventory (updated daily) that can be downloaded as JSON. I read
> some users saying that this inventory includes checksum data. So hopefully
> it will just be a matter of comparing the local checksum to the Glacier
> checksum, and that would be easy enough to script.

One could also occasionally spin up local EC2 instances to do the checksums
in the same data center, and ship just that metadata down - you would not
incur any bulk transfer costs in that case (if memory serves).   DAITSS
uses both md5 and sha1 checksums in combination, other preservation systems
might require similar.

-Randy Fischer