Hello,

I'm an M.L.S. student at Queens College (CUNY) and also the person
responsible for tech at The Lesbian Herstory
Archives<http://www.lesbianherstoryarchives.org/>.
I have a very basic knowledge of html and I'm training myself to do more
and always looking for opportunities to collaborate with those who are more
knowledgeable.

We are an all-volunteer run archives and library in Park Slope, Brooklyn
about to celebrate our 39th year.  We have no paid staff and run on a very
small budget but manage the oldest and largest collection of materials
about lesbians in the world.   Suffice it to say, we are always looking for
and in need of amazing volunteers.

We are looking for local volunteer web developers to form a small group to
help us transfer our website to a content management system (we're
considering Wordpress [heavily] but possibly also Omeka or Drupal).

Right now we're not looking to do anything super fancy, we'd just like to
make the site more modern and make it easier to manage and update and give
it a more streamlined appearance that is less text heavy and interoperable
our cataloging database application.

If there are any librarian/archivist/developers in the area looking for a
volunteer project, we'd love to speak with you.

You can contact me via email off list if you have time or interest or
suggestions.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all.

Peace,
Desiree Yael Vester
Caretaker & OPAC Coordinator
Lesbian Herstory Archives (LHEF, Inc)