Chicago is my favorite city to visit, and one of the reasons is the
absolutely amazing food/drink scene, and at the head of that bar scene is
Aviary, a bar which has a potential claim on the best cocktail bar in
America, and at the very least, it's certainly the craziest.

Fueled by a lot of fancy molecular gastronomy techniques, they make
cocktails you pretty much couldn't get anywhere else in the world:

http://www.molecularrecipes.com/molecular-mixology/aviary-cocktails/

Two main ways we can do that (which aren't exclusive):

One is that we can just go some night for cocktails. They serve single
cocktails and flights, as well as some food. It's tricky but not too
difficult to get reservations (although they're only day-of), although for
anything more than 6-8 people, it's nigh impossible. I think the best way
is to just have a rough idea which day works, and which people might be
interested, and then grab people and go when the mood strikes.

Two is the crazier, awesomer approach. They have a tasting flight, either 7
or 10 drinks long, with food all along the way. It's pricey ($125 / $165),
and yes, that's really seven cocktails, but I think it'll be amazing. This,
as far as I can tell, it is possible to get advance reservations for.

So, I've created a little section on the social activities wiki. Add if
you're interested!

http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2013_social_activities#Ideas