XMP uses a subset of RDF/XML, with a few  limitations thrown in to make
reification and provenance tracking impossible, but hey who needs metadata.

I'm not sure if XSLT is particularly well suited to anything, but it ought
to be possible to cruft something up.  I would still recommend following
Owen's suggestion of using an RDF toolkit of some kind to take hide the
details of any sequences etc.  I can point you at a few people at NIST who
might be able to give some advice.

What does ContentMFDM expect in it's tab separated files?

Simon