I'd like to propose that zoia (the IRC bot that provides help and
entertainment in the #code4lib IRC channel) have some of its normal plugins
disabled during conf. With three or four times as many people online during
conference, things can get out of hand.

Lots of zoia plugins can be useful during conference; I'm mostly thinking
of stuff whose utility is suspect and whose output covers several lines.
Some examples:

   - @mf
   - @cast
   - @tdih
   - @sing

The goal, really, is to try and turn the firehose that the IRC channel
becomes into something at least plausibly manageable in realtime.

I can also make a case for things that newbies will just find confusing
(chef, takify, etc.) or offensive (@forecast, @mf again) but I'll let
others potentially make that case.

  -Bill-

--