On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Michael J. Giarlo
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[snip]
> how about we have a few folks volunteer to
> gently ask that folks be mindful of what they are asking zoia to do.  Heck,
> we can even reflect that in the topic, and make an announcement from the
> podium.

Not trying to shout you down, but I'll point out at previous years
when trying to show how to use channel I've requested people to chill
out on using zoia for a bit, which had precisely the opposite affect.
It might help if we have more people or post reminders throughout the
convention.  I do wonder if it's best to remove temptation, at least
for the course of the conference.

I'm certainly not going to stop anyone who's willing to have their own
bot join in channel for @mf, but it would make it a little easier not
to /ignore zoia so she can be useful.

Of course, now I'm pondering having both a friendly, helpful bot, and
then perhaps a wise-cracking one.  There has to be some
demonic/evil/sinister librarian in literature we can reference.

If enough people think it's a bad idea to remove plugins, I don't
think I'd be horribly upset either.  (Is that too wishy-washy?)

Jon Gorman