I was in Chicago last year and went for a tour of the Newberry Library
(www.newberry.org) and really enjoyed it.  It's an old independent
research library on Washington Square Park and it's beautiful.  (If you
read THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE [1], it's where Henry works. [2])

They have free tours on Thursdays at 3, but they request advance notice of
groups.  I'm happy to be in touch with them and try to arrange a Code4Lib
group tour, and to wrangle the C4L people who might want to go.  If there
a just a few, that's no problem; if there are a lot, maybe we can arrange
something special.

Questions: Are any of you who are going to the conference interested in
such a tour?  Does that time suit?  Would you be interested in going
behind the scenes, if possible, and seeing their conservation room and so
on?

Bill

[1] If you haven't read it, then it's a good one to read before visiting
Chicago.

[2] If you saw the movie, which is a poor substitute for the book, you
didn't see the Newberry, because the movie was filmed in Toronto and two
different libraries here were library doubles for it.

--
William Denton
Toronto, Canada