So the xISBN service will give you the workset and basic metadata about
each item in that workset.

http://xisbn.worldcat.org/webservices/xid/isbn/0596002815?method=getEditions&format=xml&fl=*

You can get 1000 request/day without even having to get an affiliate ID.

Another possibility is the inline Schema.org markup in WorldCat.org.

You can link into WorldCat by ISBN - http://www.worldcat.org/isbn/0451462645

Basic metadata is there in RDFa. There is actually a little demo
bookmarklet which grabs the metadata from a Schema.org encoded page and
sends it over so it can be added to Goodreads. -
http://www.oclc.org/developer/prototypes/schemaorg-markup-extractor

I think the WorldCat.org option is better because it is a little closer to
getting work level metadata.

Karen