The bottom line is that, technically, code4lib does not, AKAIK, exist.
It's one piece of property, the domain name is in your name.
Everything else is donated or lent.

Code4lib has no formal governance. It is more like a clique than an
organization. The question of whether we want to adopt formal
organization and governance has been raised often over the years, and
it seems to be as effective in emptying rooms as craft beers are for
filling them.

Since we don't exist, we can't do anything. We can collectively come
up with a policy, but we have no status to enforce that policy. Like a
clique, it really comes down to convincing everyone that you are a
cool kid, and you are committing to a policy, so everyone else who
wants to be cool should do so as well. This can work, except for the
goths.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon