On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Shaun Ellis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Determining whether action should be taken on harassment should not be based
> on a popularity contest.  That would be a fail, and that's what Karen is
> right to point out.

I added ABSTENTIONS.txt and OPPOSERS.txt to the anti-harassment github
repository [1] to supplement the SUPPORTERS.txt, for people who want
to record their particular view on this issue. If you want to record
your view you can fork the repository, add your name to the
appropriate file, and send a pull request. Perhaps that's good enough
for now? I don't disagree that ambiguity around this issue is
problematic, but I also think that trying to remove all ambiguity from
it maybe prove to be difficult, and damaging.

//Ed

[1] https://github.com/code4lib/antiharassment-policy