I think that a voting process which involves working both with github, the
issue tracker, and presumably using the network map of branches seems a bit
ornate, puts a barrier to contribution up, and is likely to be confusing.

I think that if a /whatever policy is developed for "how does C4L decide to
resolve conflicts?", that comes first, and then what technological tools
support that should flow naturally from that decision.