If you're interested using SKOS.

We are working up a system for DSpace name authority in SKOS/FOAF at Oregon
State. We have a simple django application prototype for editing the data,
and are working up a plugin for DSpace to access it over SPARQL. I'm
working on this substantially over the next week or so, and am happy to
share details over email or at Code4Lib.

Things Ed mentioned that we aren't doing yet:

  - Embedded metadata in HTML pages (we're just using djubby, but would be
interested in improving it to include RDFa
http://data.library.oregonstate.edu/person/f8d7)
  - JSON-LD (would be neat, but not a high priority for us, our data is
open and ntriples works for our current use-cases)
  - We don't have much (any?) external linking.
  - OpenSearch API. (this would be amazing to have).

Thanks for the ideas, Ed.

- Tom