Hi there,

Apologies for broadcast.  After shunting this message down various
listservs to my heart's content, I thought I should pop an email out to the
library coding community that might be interested in a tool we developed
last year with funding from the Australian National Data
Service<http://www.ands.org.au/>.
The tool is though likely to come in useful for those in the cultural
heritage or research sectors liaising with data or information producers.

The tool (ExSite9 <http://www.intersect.org.au/exsite9>) is designed for
anyone capturing data in the field, that wants to create collection (at
minimum for convenience) and item level metadata (often more desirable for
researchers or creatives) and bundle that up as a submission information
package (SIP viz OAIS model) to transfer to a digital repository or
archive.

Exsite9 could be used in association with collections of material digitised
in a workflow or with digital archives coming in on hard drives.  The code
can be downloaded from the Intersect Australia GitHub
space<https://github.com/IntersectAustralia/exsite9>along with a swag
of other applications developed and made open source
thanks to ANDS funding (and federal stimulus spending).

Good wishes, Ingrid

ps. any replies or questions to: [log in to unmask] (I use this
gmail a/c for lists)

--
Ingrid Mason | Information Services Coordinator
Humanities Networked Infrastructure (HuNI) Virtual Laboratory

--
[log in to unmask] | www.intersect.org.au | @1n9r1d
T +61 2 8079 2559 | M +61 414 285 232