I've been using BrowserStack for a while now.   The way the tool works is
that you are actually using virtual machines, so it's not really emulation.
 They give 30 minutes of trial usage away, so you can easily get a good
idea of how it works.  I think I made 30 minutes last a few months.

Also, Adobe Edge Inspect <http://html.adobe.com/edge/inspect/> (formerly
Shadow) is a nice tool for testing and designing on mobile.

-Charlie