The Center for Responsive Politics, a non-partisan, non-profit research group
based in Washington, D.C., has an immediate job opening for a Researcher to
conduct analysis on money in politics (political action committees, campaign
spending and personal finances) at the federal level. Specifically, the
Researcher will:

  * Manage the CRP databases of political action committees campaign expenditures.
  * Help with other data driven research projects.
  * Support the research needs of the communications staff and other journalists.
  * Have the opportunity to contribute to the OpenSecrets Blog.

Qualified candidates must be committed to serving the public interest in a
non-partisan manner and have a solid understanding of American government,
including knowledge of federal elections, politics, and campaign finance, and
have experience working with large sets of data. Ideally, the candidate will
have experience with Microsoft Access or SQL database research. Candidate
should be a team player, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational
skills.

Email resume, cover letter and references to [log in to unmask], subject:
"Researcher Position." Please send cover letter, resume and three references
as attachments only, not in the text of the e-mail. Due to the volume of
applications we receive we will only be contacting those selected for an
interview.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5321/