ECPL is located in northwest Indiana, 20 miles from beautiful downtown
Chicago. The library is proud of its diverse patrons and
staff. We are seeking a knowledgeable individual to be part
of our Technical Service (TSD) team. Individual will be
responsible for training, supervising and evaluating TSD library staff;
performing original and copy cataloging of Library materials, maintaining the
integrity and accuracy of bibliographic records, and compiling statistics.
Requirements include a master's degree from an ALA-accredited program; general
knowledge and understanding of library standards, practices and processes
relating to cataloging, library classification schema, and physical library
organization. Specialized knowledge, skills and
understanding of copy and original cataloging practices, library database
maintenance; authority work; and cataloging tools and
principles. Demonstrated skills in using multiple
cataloging tools and technologies, including RDA, MARC 21, AACR2, Dewey
Classification, Library of Congress Subject Headings, cutter numbers, and OCLC
cataloging platform. Strong attention to detail and skills
in searching databases, documenting procedures.
Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures; organize
and prioritize a variety of related tasks and processes; use effective
interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to develop and maintain
strong working relationships; and to manage and train profession assistances
and library clerks. We offer an attractive benefit package that includes major
medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement insurance.
Our professional staff are entitled to four weeks vacation a year.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5368/