Actually, I find the "playing" with Zoia itself offensive. As per my
response to my own message.

It objectifies women. Treats them as play-things. Makes me very
uncomfortable. If we want to have an information bot, perhaps like the
one used by W3C which takes minutes for meetings (Zakim, I believe it
is), that seems reasonable. But to have a "play-thing" that is gendered
is a really, really bad idea. In fact, to have a "play-thing" of any
kind on the channel might not be a good idea. I know that some folks
find it fun, but it is akin to the locker-room shenanigans (at least as
I experience it), and it's a HUGE in-joke that makes it obvious to
anyone new that they aren't "in".

kc

--
Karen Coyle