On 1/18/13 8:46 AM, Misty De Meo wrote
> I would strongly disagree with this point. As a code4lib newbie a year
> ago, I found that zoia was a kind of participatory in-joke that made it
> *easier* for me to acclimatize to the culture of the room. I became
> comfortable more quickly thanks to zoia.

The c4l FAQ says, under ground rules:

Be sensitive of the fact that cultures, opinions and ideas of what is
funny or appropriate are different, and that text is a very poor medium
for conveying humor.

Not everyone has the same sense of humor, or finds the same things
funny. So Zoia "play" may work for some, but may exclude others.

kc