I agree with Ed.

Thanks to whoever removed the 'poledance' plugin (REALLY? that existed?
if it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone who hangs out in
#code4lib even knew it existed, and it never got used).

It's certainly possible that there are or will be other individual
features that are, well, just plain rude and offensive, and should be
removed.

But in general, I think it would be a HUGE mistake to think that all
personality, frivolity, or 'subcultural' elements should be removed from
all things #code4lib in the name of 'accessiblity'.  Whatever it is
about code4lib that has made it 'succesful' -- is in large part due to
the fact that it IS a social community with cultural features. If you
try to remove all those, you are removing what makes code4lib what it
is, you are removing whatever you liked about it in the first place.

If you want online or offline venues that are all-business-all-the-time
with no social subcultural aspects, there are plenty of others already,
you don't need to make code4lib into one. If you find those "plenty of
others" not as useful or rewarding as code4lib -- well, I suggest the
reason for that has a lot to do with the social community aspects of
code4lib. YES, the social subcultural aspects WILL turn some people off,
it's true, but by trying to remove them, you wind up with something that
doesn't rub people the wrong way and doens't rub anyone the right way
either.