On Jan 23, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Stephen Francoeur wrote:

> We're looking into ways that tablets might be used by library staff
> assisting patrons in a long line at the circ desk. With a tablet, an
> additional staff person could pick folks off the line who might have things
> that can be handled on a properly outfitted tablet.

[trimmed]

I have two thoughts on the matter --

1. Trying to take a picture with a tablet is pretty awkward.  It might
   be better on a smaller form-factor device.  (eg, an iPod Touch or an
   Android phone w/out a service plan) ... but this might be less
   useful for other tasks.

2. It might be worthwhile to look at what tasks can be handled by staff
   without a computer, or without a specially outfitted computer.
   (eg, can you answer reference questions using the publicly
   available website?)

-Joe