If it gets to that point it's the police who'll have to decide whether
you were acting in self-defense or not.  When things reach the level of
violence or a clear threat, it doesn't matter what the convention policy
is; it's a question of who committed a crime.

Just what are we talking about, anyway? I haven't been following all the
threads, since I'm not going to Code4Lib, but if we're talking about
situations where people realistically fear violence and are preparing to
respond with it, things have completely fallen apart.

--
Gary McGath, Professional Software Developer
http://www.garymcgath.com