Are you a rock star designer? We are seeking an extremely creative and
strategic thinker to be part of our award-winning Integrated Media Department.
Come create the transformative museum experiences that PEM is known for and
help define PEM's future as we move forward with our $650 million Campaign to
advance the museum's mission.

The Campaign includes $200 million for a 175,000-square-foot expansion
including $100 million to support creative new installations of the collection
and several infrastructure improvements to existing facilities. Our Senior
Interactive Designer will develop engaging and innovative interactives that
help shape the visitor experience and establish PEM as a world-class 21st
century museum.

Reporting to the Director of Integrated Media, the Senior Interactive Designer
is responsible for the design and production of all in gallery interactives
and the museum's website (www.pem.org), as well as for leveraging content,
design and brand identity across all other digital platforms. The Senior
Interactive Designer collaborates with staff across the museum to
conceptualize and design interactive media for museum exhibitions and the
reimagining of the installation of the museum's permanent collection. This is
a dream opportunity to work in a mission-driven and highly creative
environment implementing new and innovative technologies (web, mobile, in
gallery UX) that enhance the experience of museum visitors.

We are looking for a person with a forward-thinking approach to responsive Web
design, as well as interest in emerging Web technologies, user-experience and
social networking trends.

The position requires:

  * At least four years of experience in a fast-paced production environment
  * B.A. or B.F.A. degree in Digital Media, Design or a related artistic field, or a relevant combination of education and experience
  * Strong portfolio that includes both responsive and user centered design
  * A basic understanding of HTML5, PHP, MySQL and a proven track record of working with developers to effectively realize their designs
Interested candidates should send their resumes with cover letters and salary
requirements to Human Resources, Peabody Essex Museum, East India Square,
Salem, MA 01970-3783, or apply by email to [log in to unmask]

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5864/