All,

I stumbled upon the conference publication [1] from a conference at U
Minn's Charles Babbage Institute on women and computing. Not only is it
excellent, but it has an entire chapter on librarians and computers. In
fact, I don't think that chapter got it quite right, and I'm thinking
that we somehow need to start capturing our own history, perhaps through
interviews/oral histories. I've dreamed about doing that for the MELVYL
system, before too many of us can't remember what day it is.

The conference pages include a good bibliography [2]. And the CBI
archive pages have great photos and other interesting historical
information. [3]

kc
[1] http://www.amazon.com/Gender-Codes-Women-Leaving-Computing/dp/0470597194
[2] https://netfiles.umn.edu/users/tmisa/www/gender/literature.html