From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joshua Welker
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 9:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Digital collection backups

Matt,

I appreciate the information. At that price, it looks like MetaArchive would be a better option than most of the other services mentioned in this thread. At this point, I think it is going to come down to a LOCKSS solution such as what MetaArchive provides or Amazon Glacier. We anticipate our digital collection growing to about 3TB in the first two years. With Glacier, that would be $368 per year vs $3,072 per year for MetaArchive and LOCKSS. As much as I would like to support library initiatives like LOCKSS, we are a small institution with a very small budget, and the pricing of Glacier is starting to look too good to pass up.

Josh Welker