Hi, Andrea,

XMP is natively an RDF-based format, so getting out XML isn't hard at all.
You have a couple of XML-based options with exiftool:

exiftool -X foo.jpg # prints the metadata in exiftool's own RDF/XML schema
to stdout
exiftool -tagsfromfile foo.jpg -o foo.xmp # writes the metadata in an XMP
XML file
Exiftool -tagsfromfile foo.jpg -o -.xmp # writes the metadata in XMP XML
to stdout; only works in recentish versions of exiftool

exiftool also has a CSV output that might be helpful to you; check
`exiftool --help` for details on how that works.

Misty