We've been using Redmine (www.redmine.org) for about three years, and it has served us well. It is geared toward software development projects, but we use it for all kinds of projects.

Redmine
	Redmine is a flexible project management web application. Written using the Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database.

	Redmine is open source and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL).

Features

	Some of the main features of Redmine are:

	• Multiple projects support
	• Flexible role based access control
	• Flexible issue tracking system
	• Gantt chart and calendar
	• News, documents & files management
	• Feeds & email notifications
	• Per project wiki
	• Per project forums
	• Time tracking
	• Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
	• SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
	• Issue creation via email
	• Multiple LDAP authentication support
	• User self-registration support
	• Multilanguage support