Jason - We implemented RFDa Lite in our digital collections application last year. In fact, we used your article in the C4L journal as a basis for the project. You can see the results in the HTML source for our collection portal pages and individual item pages. Here are a few example URL's:

http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/gedney/
http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/adaccess_W0355/
http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/behindtheveil_albany_ga_and_environs/

We started out with Microdata, and focused on connecting items to their parent collections, and to the library units where they're held. Later we switched to RDFa for more precision in representing custom metadata properties, though most of what we're doing now is still from the schema.org ontology. We pulled up short of mapping all of our Dublin Core refinements into the framework, but the hooks are there for it.

We also started using sitemaps and managing them with Google's webmaster tools, with an eye toward using the Google Site Search platform. We're watching analytics to help inform our decisions, but the most ambitious outlook is first, to use Google as the first-choice discovery platform for library-generated content, and second, to expand the use of Site Search to as much of the library web site as possible.

Hope this helps; we'll email you privately with a little more info.

Will