POSITION TITLE: Director of Community

REPORTS TO: Executive Director

ORCID (http://orcid.org) is an international non-profit organization that
provides a registry of persistent unique researcher identifiers. We
collaborate with the entire research community − researchers, funders,
universities, non-profit and commercial research institutes, professional
societies, publishers, vendors, and third-party developers − to implement
linkages to other ID schemes and research objects such as publications,
datasets, grants, and patents.

THE ROLE

We are seeking a Director of Community, who will have responsibility for
executing ORCID's Outreach plan, including developing on-line materials and
resources, planning events, supporting our Outreach Working Group, and
developing regional programs to support understanding and integration of ORCID
identifiers. This position requires previous leadership in community
engagement, marketing and communications, excellent public speaking and
writing skills, and the ability to manage volunteers. The ideal candidate will
be creative, collaborative, and have the self-assurance and confidence to
accomplish goals while engaging the community. The job environment is flexible
and provides growth opportunity, social interaction, and opportunity for
travel.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Manages the creation of our strategic Outreach plan

Manages the execution and monitors the success of all community engagement
activities

Supervises outreach volunteers and is responsible for their training and
support

Brings new and exciting ideas to the organization, and is capable of listening
to and collaborating with staff, volunteers, and community members to test new
initiatives

Plans and supervises the development of materials and resources to support
ORCID's mission

Cultivates and maintains favorable media relations

Directs all event planning activities

Plans and delivers presentations

Manages external vendors related to community engagement

Monitors Outreach finances to ensure that expenses are in line with the budget

REQUIREMENTS

Bachelor's degree

US Citizen or Permanent Resident located anywhere in the US

5+ years related experience in the research community

Experience in community engagement and mobilization

Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
concurrently

Solid knowledge of best practices around outreach volunteer programs

Proven experience in managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers

Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure, with fantastic interpersonal and
presenting skills

ORCID provides competitive compensation and benefits, flexible work hours, a
budget to choose your preferred laptop. We have a virtual office and you may
work from any location in the US To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5604/