At the risk of opening a can 'o worms, there are others that utilize the invective:

@habla
@ana

@ana can sometimes return offensive phrases.  Sadly, it's one of the channel's favorites, so I'm reluctant to put it on the (temporary) chopping block.

…adam

On Jan 17, 2013, at 2:35 PM, Bill Dueber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that zoia (the IRC bot that provides help and
> entertainment in the #code4lib IRC channel) have some of its normal plugins
> disabled during conf. With three or four times as many people online during
> conference, things can get out of hand.
>
> Lots of zoia plugins can be useful during conference; I'm mostly thinking
> of stuff whose utility is suspect and whose output covers several lines.
> Some examples:
>
>   - @mf
>   - @cast
>   - @tdih
>   - @sing
>
> The goal, really, is to try and turn the firehose that the IRC channel
> becomes into something at least plausibly manageable in realtime.
>
> I can also make a case for things that newbies will just find confusing
> (chef, takify, etc.) or offensive (@forecast, @mf again) but I'll let
> others potentially make that case.
>

>  -Bill-
>

> --
> Bill Dueber
> Library Systems Programmer
> University of Michigan Library

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication. It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). If this communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication.