Karen, I don't think there's any way we could do that.  zoia is just another participant in the channel, just like you or I would be, so it's exactly like interacting with another person.

And one thing that I think is *somewhat* important to note before we give zoia the bum's rush or something before the conference, it's worth pointing out that zoia (and zoia's predecessor, panizzi) predates the conference and, in fact, presented at the first one:

http://www.wallandbinkley.com/quaedam/2006/02_16_panizzi-speaks.html

I don't mind gagging some of the noisier plugins (or I really like the idea of a @timeout plugin that shuts people off from zoia for a specified time period), but zoia is a pretty central code4lib character.

Also, we generally ritually clear the karma database at the very end of the conference, which would be weird if zoia wasn't invited.

-Ross.