On Jan 18, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Devon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Just because zoia has always been there (or panizzi) doesn't mean zoia
> ought to be there going forward. Karen's point I think deserves
> consideration. If zoia is in violation of the Code of Conduct, then
> remedial action is warranted. I think in this case, rather then getting rid
> of the bot, we can just remove the offending plugins.

To be fair (and I haven't had my coffee, yet), this is what I meant (and I was in the middle of another email trying to explain this more).

zoia is the product of nurture, not nature, so I agree.  /zoia/ isn't the problem, because having a bot in an active channel with a (fairly) stable community is a useful addition.

The offensive and/or annoying plugins don't serve any real purpose besides entertainment value.  I would much rather cut them away (we've done it plenty of times in the past: jive, markov, etc.) then ditch the bot altogether.

I guess that was what I was trying to get at.  Focus on the messages rather than the messenger :)

-Ross.