On 1/18/13 10:38 AM, "Karen Coyle" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>... and BTW, if people see Zoia as a bit of a problem during the
>conference, doesn't that mean that Zoia is a bit of a problem all of the
>time?

Yes.

>Is there a reason to be polite and inclusive during the conference
>but not every day?

No.

> Could this have any relation to the felt need to
>create #libtechwomen?

Yes.

I know these are rhetorical questions but each of them bears repeating.
And to this last point, I would underscore that the need was first felt,
then openly discussed in this channel and acted upon.

Thank you for raising these questions - the earlier discussions about
community dynamics were the elephant in the "what about zoia" room.

Joe Montibello, MLIS
Library Systems Manager
Dartmouth College Library
603.646.9394