Hi,

I haven't used it for circ, but there's an iPad app that allows you to use
your iPad as a remote interface to your desktop or laptop. I don't like
carrying my macbook pro around to meetings, but I always get asked
questions that require using the ILS client. (We have Innovative
Millennium.)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/connect-my-mac/id364933429

(or http://bit.ly/connecttomymac)

With this app, my laptop has to be connected to the network and on, but I
just hit the icon, touch the name of my laptop, and I can run any
application that's on there.

Not sure about using a barcode scanner with this, though. I can select
fields in the ILS and type on the screen. I would hope that a bluetooth
barcode scanner would act just like a bluetooth keyboard, but I don't have
one of those yet either so I can't swear it would work.

Hope this helps,
Joe Montibello, MLIS
Library Systems Manager
Dartmouth College Library