From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ranti Junus
Sent: Friday, 25 January 2013 11:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Group Decision Making (was Zoia)

Let's talk the practical and the implementation. Kinda tired reading the on and on and on discussions.

So, um, if I get harrased and I felt threatened, can I beat up that person senseless first for self-defense, then report the incident to... to whom?

There's on open question on the github [1] that I haven't seen been discussed yet. At least, I haven't heard the input from this year's
organizer: "Do we require a duty
officer<http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Duty_officer>
explicitly?
Is it fair/reasonable/workable to have conference staff be in that role?"

ranti.

[1] https://github.com/code4lib/antiharassment-policy

--
Bulk mail.  Postage paid.

P Please consider the environment before you print this email.
"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use,
distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender
by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."