On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:13:18PM -0600, Cornel Darden Jr. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for being rude. I asked a question without first introducing myself.
> My name is Cornel Darden Jr. I work for the City Colleges of Chicago as a
> Librarian. I just recently joined the listserv and may even attend the
> conference if its not too late. Its awesome that its being held in Chicago.
> I graduated from Library Science school in 2010. I enjoy coding as it makes
> me feel free to do what ever i need or want with information; especially
> when its for libraries. I am very new to coding but am learning fast.
>
> If Anyone is in the Chicago area please let me know. It would be nice to
> meet some other coding librarians in my area as I currently have met quite
> a few librarians but none that code.

You have another week to sign up. More importantly though and once the
conference is done you are more than welcome to join Code4lib MW [0].
Okay you don't really `join` as much as you participate there. After
I've fully recovered from this and depending on interest I think at the
last meeting we felt that there was enough Chicago people that we could
have a Code4lib Chicago... but right now that is the furthest thing from
my mind. If you run away with it I am sure others will join.

One of the things discussed was a regularly scheduled meetups... but
that may have been what I was imagining.

Cheers,
./fxk
[0] http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Midwest

--
Andrea: Unhappy the land that has no heroes.
Galileo: No, unhappy the land that _____needs heroes.