We periodically have a problem with libraries finding LibraryThing
doesn't work, traced to the computers a library sets aside for catalog
use only. These computers are domain-restricted, so patrons can't use
them to check Facebook, or whatever. The library whitelists domains
they think the catalog needs, but forget to include all the domains
their enrichment services may need.

So we made a page to test the LibraryThing domains—our products use
quite a few. And while we were at it we made another to test for other
common non-LibraryThing services, like Syndetics, Amazon and Google
Books, here:

http://www.librarything.com/forlibraries/testservices/services

You might find it a handy way to check your library's catalog
machines. The code should be good from IE6 and up. And if you want
other services there, let me know about them. I'd like to make it as
comprehensive as I can. I'm going to look into chat services next, I
think.

Best,

Tim

--