Hi everyone,

We are starting a digitization project for some of our special collections, and we are having a hard time setting up a backup system that meets the long-term preservation needs of digital archives. The backup mechanisms currently used by campus IT are short-term full-server backups. What we are looking for is more granular, file-level backup over the very long term. Does anyone have any recommendations of software or some service or technique? We are looking into LOCKSS but haven't dug too deeply yet. Can anyone who uses LOCKSS tell me a bit of their experiences with it?

Josh Welker
Electronic/Media Services Librarian
College Liaison
University Libraries