Hi all,
To add to what Francis said, we will send out final travel and logistics information in an email to all registered conference attendees after registration closes January 31. The local conference planning committee will also ensure the wiki and the website is completely up to date and accurate. As with all Code4Lib conferences, we try to flexible in responding to community requests, but paying for these items involves many moving parts.

Please bear with us in the last few days as we finish up details. If you have specific questions about logistics, please ask on the Code4Lib conference planning group so that we don't clutter up the main list: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/code4libcon.
Thanks,

Margaret Heller
Digital Services Librarian
Loyola University Chicago
773.508.2686
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 03:27:07PM -0500, Cynthia Ng wrote:
> Thanks for pointing it out.
>
> So, there is no shuttle? I don't mind either way if someone hadn't
> said that there would be one and now the wiki is saying there won't be
> one. It's just a bit confusing and doesn't help with planning...

Yes we said there would be one but *as I type* we cannot say that there
will be one for one very simple reason. We are guessing. We budgeted for
400 people (lower limit and not including the bus) and we are barely
cracking that. Cost of UIC Forum is a fixed number. Cost of food is also
an estimate of 400 and also a fixed number.

Failing to reach that 400 number makes it an arithmetic problem. If we have to pay
for rent and food. Transport becomes a luxury. We have quotes ranging
from ~700 -> 3500. Again our fault for never factoring that in. We still
feel using CTA is environmentally (see what I did there? :-)) the right
thing to do given the distance, cost.

Again we may sell the remaining 40 tickets or so which may give us room
to breathe.

We are not deliberately misleading. This I will hazard is the problem of
the conference not selling out as it did in the past and leaving little
room to estimate. Again these are problems we brought on ourselves but
please know if there is no shuttle it is because we can't afford it and
no other reason.

./fxk

--
Pohl's law:
Nothing is so good that somebody, somewhere, will not hate it.