Hi all --

My apologies if this was discussed, dismissed, or otherwise deemed not
pertinent at some point (I missed the call).  As means are identified for
addressing such national agenda issues as using the cloud for preservation
storage, I think it would be very useful to create a clearinghouse for
sharing information.  For instance, my organization, the Minnesota
Historical Society, is hiring a consultant to research cloud storage
options for our digital content, which we will then compare against other
possible storage architectures.  I know others would be interested in this
information, and it would be great if there was someplace I could submit my
contact information and a brief description of the project so that people
could contact me and ask questions rather than having to re-invent the
wheel.  I know I wish I could've looked at a sample RFP as I developed my
list of requirements.  Such a clearinghouse wouldn't have to be elaborate,
just some user-populated, consistent captured information to make it
self-service searchable.  Having guidelines for best practices is great,
but I would find real value in also connecting with others with practical
experience.

Thanks --
Shawn

Shawn Rounds