Hi all,

Sorry for a bit of delay on posting.  I've got a few folks who have
volunteered to help. It's hard to tell numbers for sure, since some
folks might not come and others may show up that haven't signed up.

As Francis says, the solution is likely to be nimble.  (And again, I
want to thank Francis and the rest of the host crew.  They've been
doing fabulous with disorganized folks like me ;) ).

First, some logistical details.

I'm thinking that we'll say that a goal will be to have this rough schedule:

7:30   - start setting up games, getting organized
7:45   - start first round of games
10:30 - start wrapping up.
11:00 - call it a night?  (Walk back or catch the bus as a group to
various hotels may not be a bad idea)

I've got a plan (with helpful advice from several folks, thanks!), and
we'll see if it a works. I'm going to work a bit tonight on setting up
a new page on the wiki. It's going to be structured in a manner that's
similar to the newcoming dinner, but instead will be games. Each game
will have a number of seats. If you're bringing a game and are willing
to play/teach it, add an entry.  Estimate a starting time if it's not
going to be when it starts.

t'll probably look something like...

Game Name (#n - if more than one entry for the game, add a number to
make less confusing) 7:45.
Game description (with maybe link to boardgamegeek)
1. Patty Gauzweiller (T)
2. Leslie Humphries
3. Mona Wert
4. Eddie Ramirez
5.

To sign up, put your name in one of the seats.  Don't add seats ;). If
you can teach/lead the game, note it. (If you want to teach but not
play, that's awesome. I haven't quite figured out how to note this,
but I'm thinking I'll just add a line at the bottom.)

We'll try to set up sections big enough for the games and put up signs.

Here's the warning.  I'll probably be making judgement calls on what
games get set up in the "main room", preferring games that I and any
volunteers just coordinating can teach to go there and also based on
other factors.  If we hit the reasonable size for the room, we'll try
to have some recommendations for places to go w the group.

This is probably not the ideal solution as it makes quicker/lighter
games somewhat tricky, but I'm hoping for some of those some people
won't mind playing multiple games in the row, maybe teaching someone
who will teach the next group and allow a little of mingling that way.

Jon Gorman