Thanks to everyone for their replies.  I didn't think there would so many
people passionate about this enough to respond.

Not really having the resources to pursue an 'elevating' model, after
taking a few measurements and a few Home Depot visits, I think I'm just
going to build a 2 X 4, multi-tiered desk, with a 'standing' setup and
anti-fatigue mat, and a 'sitting' setup on an exercise ball.  This model
also allows for custom book shelves, and with my unique large size, allows
me to build the desk to my proper height specifications.  Pricing it out,
with everything, comes to around $200.

Now, if only I could find the time to drop everything for a day and build
the thing......

Thanks again!